Skal Philadelphia is thrilled to announce the joining of another new member, Weldon Smith. Our club has 27 active members ranging in the following industries:
– Commercial Airlines
– Contracted Food Service
– Tour Operators
We recently chatted with Weldon:
1. Tell us a little about Yourself: I am a consumer brand marketer with broad CPG sector experience building integrated marketing campaigns that generate sales for global brands. I build corporate alliances that enhance brand images and prompt shoppers to participate in events, travel to locations and try new experiences.
2. Why did you join Skal? I joined Skal to meet professionals who work outside packaged goods and use marketing skills in different ways. I’m looking forward to fully participating in the Skal Philadelphia experience.
3. Fun Facts about Weldon: Originally from the greater NYC-area, I am a pop culture enthusiast and enjoy travel, scuba diving, jazz and amusement parks. I once rode the Cyclone at Coney Island for two straight hours. That’s a personal best!
4. In recent years, what have you noticed to be the biggest change in our industry? The trend towards greater personalization affecting consumer product markets affects the hospitality industry too. Shoppers demand we find new ways to engage them as individuals and so all marketing communications especially digital messaging should include some aspect of the individual’s interests.
5. What advice do you have for young people looking to join the hospitality world? Developing strong relationships is at the core of my professional and personal endeavors. So, I would advise professionals new to the hospitality sector to learn how to collaborate with a wide range of people in different situations. Their success will be your success.
Welcome to Philadelphia Skal, Weldon!