Skal Philadelphia hosted a very successful townhall event on Tuesday May 26th! There were over 25 people in attendance from varying Skal Clubs throughout the country.
During the event, there were updates from our board members regarding the current events, hotel status, and college updates. There was also a participant poll that rendered the following results:
- Attendees consisted of the following industries: Destination Management/Marketing, Education, Events/Entertainment, Hotels, Restaurants – Food and Beverage, Tour operator, Travel/Transportation, Travel Agent
- 100% of the respondents said that “networking” was the greatest value they saw in their membership to Skal, while 73% said that “social events” were a close 2nd.
- 80% of the respondents are currently employed. However, the alarming number of 20% are laid-off.
- The majority of the respondent would feel comfortable attending a conference within 3-6 months from now, go on a flight within the next 6 months (as long as the seating is the airplane was reconfigured), and dine at a restaurant who had implemented social distancing.
- The respondents felt that the cruise industry is not prepared to yet to cruise safely and 80% said they would not take a cruise in 6 months.
Stay tuned for the next Skal Philadelphia event on Tuesday, June 23rd!