To become a member, please reach out to your local club and they can help you through the process.
10 Reasons to be a Member of a Skål
1. Place your business and tourism
community on the SKÅL map as a
worldwide destination for tourism and
2. Build relationships/ lifelong
friendships with other leaders in the
tourism industry; Within the 48 USA
Chapters, 360 Worldwide chapters,
3. Opportunities to exchange ideas and
network with other tourism
4. Travel Discounts – Special rates
offered by SKÅLLEAGUES worldwide
Car rental Discounts/ coupons / Hotel
discounts and upgrades / Travel
Insurance programs not available to the
5. Mentor industry leaders of the future
6. Database access to more than 14,000
members around the globe
7. Ability to promote your product to
members, their clients, B2B on a local,
national and international level
8. Representation and recognition at
Trade Fairs – IPW – ABA (American Bus
Association) Marketplace – World
Congress and Regional Congresses –
discounted access to participate and
network with existing and potential
Skålleagues, look for the Skål pin or
9. Seminars, educational opportunities
and top-notch speakers at meetings and
Congresses / Webinars on current
industry topics /Best practices
10. Learn about and support Sustainable
Tourism efforts – Get involved in your
tourism community; Skål Gives Back !
Click Here to access the application on the Skål International website.
Click Here to see the Skål Membership Handout.
Click here to learn more about the Young Skal Program!
ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP DUES 2018
Please contact the nearest Skål International USA club for more information on local and national dues.
Click Here for local Skål USA club locations.
MEMBERSHIP DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANCE FUNDS FOR CLUBS
- Financial assistance for membership development and special events will be available from the special Skål International Membership Development Fund as reflected and approved in the budget presented at the General Assembly.
- Assistance will be available for the formation or reactivation of a Club and a substantial net increase in the number of members in a Club.
- Applications for financial assistance must be approved well in advance (minimum 3 weeks prior) of the event and will be paid on presentation of the performance report and the appropriate invoices following the event. Retroactive requests for assistance will not be considered.
- It is expected that Skål Clubs that are members of a National Committee and who apply for funding assistance from Skål International should also seek funding from their National Committee. In principle, funding should be provided on a three-way split up to a maximum amount of 300 Euros from Skål International. National Committees looking for support for a national event or trade show (not an international event) can request up to 500 Euros and those applying for assistance with an international event or trade show that Skål International is not already supporting can apply for up to 1000 Euros.
- SIUSA will match all financial assistance approved by Skål International for use as membership development funds by SIUSA clubs.
- The Executive Committee will decide each case on its merits. The Executive Committee’s decision in this regard will be final.
Click Here to download the Membership Development Assistance Fund Application.
MEMBERSHIP DEVELOPMENT OPERATIONAL PLAN
Membership recruitment and retention are very important to the success of the organization.
Click Here to download the Skål International’s Roadmap to 2020 Plan.