SKAL PHILADELPHIA IS EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE OUR NEW “MEET OUR MEMBERS” SERIES. EACH MONTH, WE WILL SPOTLIGHT SOME OF OUR SKAL MEMBERS AND PROVIDE SOME INSIGHT AS TO WHY THEY ARE INVOLVED IN SKAL. THIS MONTH’S MEMBER SPOTLIGHT GOES TO FRANK KLARE. READ MORE BELOW TO HEAR ABOUT HIS STORY:
- Name: Frank V. Klare
- Occupation: Hotel Management Consultant
- Years as Skal Member: 22 years
- Hometown: Delanco on the Delaware, NJ
- Why did you join Skal? While managing a hotel in Tokyo for 6 1/2 years, I joined Skal Tokyo for contacts in the business world and in the industry.
- What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment to date?
A harmonious private life and successful career.
- If you could plan a vacation to anywhere in the world, where would you go? The Galapagos Islands
- Tell us more about your job…what do you do every day? I evaluate privately owned and financially troubled hotel operations. Once that’s completed, I identify operational problem areas and determine solutions. The final step is to develop and implement operational plans.
- What’s your favorite tip for someone in our industry? Have a passion for your profession. Promote teamwork.
- What sorts of trends do you notice in the hospitality/travel industry in the next five years?
- More focus on Guest Satisfaction. The satisfied guest is the hotel’s marketing support on social media.
- Meet Guest Satisfaction with technology that is up-to-date and effective.
- Location Services that allow hotel guests to connect with employees immediately.
- Millennial’s are the decision makers and meeting planners, hotels will increasingly continue to cater to them
Thanks to Frank for providing some insight into Skal, and his experiences within our vast industry!