For this installment of Member Spotlight, we had the chance to talk with Kelli Speed!
- Name: Kelli Speed
- Occupation: Director of Accounting – Westin Memphis, which is located on Beale Street
- Years as Skal Member: I joined in 2010 when I lived in Philadelphia and was a member there until I moved back to Memphis in 2013. I joined the Memphis Club but unfortunately it closed this year. I was glad to be able to transfer my membership back to Philly.
**Fun Fact: Skal Members are now able to choose what city their membership belongs. They do not need to reside in that city.**
- Hometown: Memphis, TN
- Why did you join Skal? To better network with hospitality professionals, especially since I was new to the city.
**Did you know? Skal is an excellent way to meet new people within a city. Members are easily able to transfer memberships among cities while moving **
- What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment to date? I would say moving from Memphis to Philadelphia for my job – I had never lived anywhere else and did not know anyone when I moved (by myself) to Philadelphia. I met some great people and have made some lifelong friends through Skal.
- If you could plan a vacation to anywhere in the world, where would you go? I have been to a lot of amazing places, but top of the bucket list is Australia!
- Tell us more about your job…what do you do every day? I manage all financials for the Westin Memphis – accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, cash management, labor management, and whatever else comes up! I do love my job!
- What’s your favorite tip for someone in our industry? Always try to exceed the guests’ expectation, and be consistent!
- What sorts of trends do you notice in the hospitality/travel industry in the next five years? We definitely continue to see an emphasis on health and well-being, as well as an explosion in technology with mobile check in and mobile keys.
Thank you to Kelli for your time and insights!